If you’re looking for Must Needed Themes and Plugins for a Blog, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve selected some of our very favorite free blog themes for WordPress, along with screenshots of both the web and smartphone preview pages, to make it a lot easier for you to browse the thousands of free themes at WordPress.org.
In this article, we’ll look at some of the best free WordPress blog themes, outlining their core features and recommending why you should use each one for your next blogging project. Let’s get started!
Must Needed Themes for a Blog:
Astra is a beautiful WordPress theme that is smooth, completely customizable, and suitable for a blog, personal portfolio, business website, and WooCommerce storefront. It is extremely light (less than 50KB on the frontend) and extremely fast. Astra is built with SEO in mind, with Schema.org programming embedded and Native AMP support, ensuring that search engines enjoy the site. It has unique features and models that make it compatible with all page builders, such as Elementor, Beaver Creator, Visual Composer, SiteOrigin, and Divi.
Some of the other features:
- WooCommerce Ready
- RTL & Translation Ready
- Extendible with premium addons
- Regularly updated
- Designed, Developed, Maintained & Supported by Brainstorm Force
Are you looking for the ideal foundation theme? You’ve come to the right place. Astra is a smooth, completely customizable, and WooCommerce compatible theme that can be used to create any type of website!
Astra’s vast library of pre-built sites makes choosing the perfect look and sound for your web site a breeze as compared to other free WordPress blog themes. Astra is a perfect theme for blogs that want to venture out of e-commerce. The theme is free, but there is a Premium Version that costs $59–249 per year.
Other Popular Themes for Different types of Blogs
DIVI: For Travel Blog
Divi is a common WordPress theme that also functions as an all-in-one page creator. It has spectacular visual effects that will attract new viewers to your travel blog.
The style comes with a range of pre-designed templates for travel websites and blogs. Divi gives you limitless customization choices without requiring you to write any code. Images, video, effects, call to action buttons, communication types, and many more can be quickly added to the platform.
Johannes: For Personal Blog
Johannes is a multi-concept WordPress theme for personal blogs and magazines. Johannes offers you a variety of choices on how your personal blog can look, including a heavy emphasis on posting content in all formats.
For starters, there are 14 different homepage styles to pick from, so there’s a good chance you’ll find one you like. If you chose Johannes for your idea, you’ll have a lot of choices for the blog posts and other material you’ll publish on your site, in addition to the homepage templates. The pre-built templates, on the other hand, aren’t exclusive to your posts. You may also choose from a variety of header formats for your pages, various pagination types, and panels for showing any ads with this theme.
OceanWP: For Food Blog
OceanWP is a multipurpose WordPress theme with a classic look. It includes a 1-click sample content importer as well as a few paying and free recipe blog models.
The theme has a quick page load time, multilingual support, and eCommerce usability, among other features. It also comes with useful addons that allow you to expand the capabilities of your website.
Wellness Pro: For Health Blog
Wellness Pro is a luxury WordPress theme created for physicians, nurses, medical professionals, and hospitals in mind. It’s a versatile and powerful theme that will keep the site up and running smoothly.
You should have a welcoming message with a call-to-action button on the homepage to instantly catch the visitors’ attention. Wellness Pro’s homepage is completely widgetized, allowing you to professionally display the content and services.
Gallery Pro: For Fashion Blog
Gallery Pro is a stylish WordPress style for beauty and photography websites. It starts with your logo, then a navigation menu, a header graphic, and finally your most important stuff.
Custom page templates, various widget-ready regions, theme customizer support, and other features are included. Gallery Pro is designed to be quick and responsive.
Sproty: For Sports Blog
Sporty is a luxury WordPress theme with a one-of-a-kind style that’s ideal for a sports blog or club website.
This style is suitable for a global audience. The WPML module allows you to convert your content into a variety of languages. With practically infinite color options and Google Font support, the powerful admin panel will assist you in customizing your platform.
You can now add your YouTube username and your videos and playlists will be immediately imported. The gallery addon (worth $15) is provided at no extra price. Sporty is still very sensitive and has a lot of documentation.
Handy: For DIY Blog
Handy is designed to help people get their web up and running quickly. Users will start editing their site’s configuration as soon as the theme is enabled thanks to the conveniently adjustable gui software. The theme also comes with a pre-made WooCommerce shop style, saving you time and money in your crafting industry.
The following accessibility requirements, design characteristics, and application tools are included in Handy:
Fully responsive, Retina ready, Customizable colors and layout designs, WooCommerce supported, Drag-and-drop page builder tool, Season’s admin panel, Revolution slider plugin, Suite of shortcodes, Multiple pre-made page templates, Custom charts, Custom banners, Catalog mode options.
Why Do You Use WordPress Blog Plugins on Your Site?
We all know that plugins are one of the most important parts of a WordPress website because they add features. As a result, incorporating some of the best WordPress plugins for blogs would undoubtedly assist it in expanding and expanding its audience.
The majority of blog plugins are also applicable on other websites. However, some plugins are completely required for a blog. These plugins will significantly improve the look and feel of your website for your visitors.
Let’s take a look at some of the latest WordPress blog plugins.
Best 20 Essential plugins for building a popular blog.
Now we are going to discuss 20 most essential plugins for your blog.
If you have a blog, search engine optimization is one of the most critical aspects in growing it. When it comes to SEO, Yoast SEO is one of the best plugins for blogs. Since it is constantly modified to be compliant with Google algorithms, it is trusted by the majority of WordPress websites.
Yoast has a variety of features that can help you improve your blog in ways other than SEO. It will also help you refine your keywords and synonyms. The plugin also assesses your blog’s readability and measures the Flesch Reading Ease score so that your followers can better comprehend your post.
- Synonyms and similar keywords optimization.
- Breadcrumbs give you full control over the key groups for your entries.
- With the support of canonical URLs, there will be no Repeated Content.
- Use Content Insights to see if the keywords are a good fit.
- Readability assessment based on the Flesch Reading Ease Score.
Installing a page creator plugin will be beneficial for any WordPress website, not just a blog. If you’ve spent some time with WordPress, you’re probably aware that Elementor is one of the most famous page builders. Furthermore, it has the potential to be one of the best blog plugins.
You will soon get used to using this plugin and will be able to change every aspect of your blog in a matter of minutes. It has a fantastic drag-and-drop gui that allows you to make some updates to your blogs with ease.
- Drag and drop GUI is simple to use.
- Style choices for your blogs that are highly customizable.
- Accessible on any mobile device, with a completely customizable interface.
- Actions such as undo and redo, as well as revision history, are available.
- For specific situations, there is a built-in repair mode.
Items are also promoted and sold via blogs. WooCommerce would be ideal for you if you need to sell items from your blog as well. It has the potential to be one of the best WordPress plugins for selling products on blogs.
This plugin has all of the functionality and elements you’ll ever need to market a product on your blog. You can quickly and conveniently instal WooCommerce on your WordPress blog and begin selling right away. It can also be customised to meet your own requirements thanks to its extensive extension library.
- In only a few clicks, you can quickly set up a shop or sell a product.
- For seamless transfers, they have their own user account pages.
- Multiple payment gateways provide flexibility and security.
- Fully attentive, allowing you to manage commands from your mobile device.
- Excellent resources and paperwork are available at all times to assist you.
If you want to handle your blog website effortlessly, Jetpack is potentially one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs. Jetpack, which was created by Automatic, the company behind WordPress.com, also provides you with different site statistics. It allows you to keep track of the number of users or readers who visit your blog and figure out how to increase them any further. This plugin also assists in spam filtering, virus detection, and brute-force attack protection. As a result, it protects the website from unauthorised intrusions. As a result, the posts will be secure as well.
- For the template you like, powerful customization tools are available.
- Lazy image loading allows for a faster smartphone experience.
- Google, Bing, Twitter, Facebook, and WordPress.com SEO resources.
- With brute force attack support and spam filtering, you’ll have top-notch security.
- Many websites can be managed from a single dashboard.
Using newsletters on your blog is another excellent way to retain potential followers while still keeping existing ones interested. You can do this with the Newsletter plugin. It’s one of the best WordPress blog plugins for newsletters, as the name implies.
It has a simple drag-and-drop editor for creating newsletters. It allows you to create an infinite number of newsletters, which the plugin can monitor and provide statistics for.
- Drag and drop composer that is easy to use.
- With statistics and logging, you can have an unlimited number of subscriptions and newsletters.
- Akismet and captcha are used to search for spam in subscriptions.
- Starting at 12 emails per hour, you can fine-tune the delivery pace.
- The style is WPML and translation ready.
Your blog can be a blog website or can be embedded into some other kind of website. The header segment or unique popups are one of the first items that readers note in any case. As a result, using a Popup Maker plugin will help readers become more engaged with your blog.
Popup Maker is a fantastic blog plugin that helps you to build whatever kind of popup you want and view it anywhere on your site. To keep your followers more interested, list links to the most recent published post or some other important areas of your blogs here.
- The concept is fully intuitive and compatible with all mobile devices.
- Popups of opt-in forms, slide-out popups, banner lines, and more.
- Compatible with any of the most used WordPress plugins.
- Set the number of times the user can see the popups.
- To set a timed pause, use auto open triggers.
When you write a blog, readers will feel compelled to email you to ask you questions about it. So, if you like, you can create a contact form, and Everest Forms is one of the best WordPress plugins for adding forms to blogs.
This plugin’s customization interface is very user-friendly, with drag-and-drop fields. You can create an infinite number of types that support several columns. The forms you’ve developed are also entirely sensitive, meaning they can be used on any smartphone or tablet computer.
- Shortcode for inserting forms into WordPress blog posts, pages, sidebars, and other areas.
- Google ReCaptcha is helping to prevent email.
- After the user submits the form, redirect them to a particular website.
- View form entries from your website’s dashboard.
- Validation message for the form that can be edited.
Easy Social Sharing:
Easy Social Sharing is a social media plugin that allows the visitors to post your website’s content on social media. This plugin will be helpful to your blogs because it will expand your audience’s reach. When it comes to posting posts on social media, it is one of the strongest WordPress plugins for blogs.
Easy Social Sharing allows you to post your posts on up to 18 separate social media networks. This plugin features an inline interface that allows you to position the sharing button at the top or bottom of your messages. As a result, based on the length and style of your pages, it might be easier to put it in the desired location.
- Attached and set to the screen boundary is a floating sidebar configuration.
- The number of posts on social media is shown using sharing counts.
- Backend live demo of the sharing design.
- There are six different style formats from which to pick.
- The intuitive configuration panel allows for simple user settings.
If you don’t have any anti-spam controls in place for your blog, it’s likely that your blog will already be inundated with spam. Via multiple comments or contact form submissions from customers, spam will contaminate your website and backend data. You will minimise them by using the Akismet plugin, which is one of the strongest spam-fighting plugins for blogs.
It’s an anti-spam plugin that looks at all of your messages and contact form submissions for potentially offensive content. It analyses the website automatically and filters out any information that may be considered spam.
- Backup and restore procedures are extremely simple.
- To see where the spam was found, look at the status history for each comment.
- Moderators will see how many spam comments each user has left.
- To save space, remove features that block the worst spam.
- Fast output that allows you to save a significant amount of time.
The use of referral links is one of the most popular ways to monetize a blog. You’ll need to cloak them in order to use them effectively. ThirstyAffiliates is one of the strongest WordPress plugins for cloaking blogs for this purpose.
With the aid of this basic WordPress blog plugin, you can conveniently cloak affiliate links and use them on your pages. This plugin provides a new cloak or short link and redirects it to the long associate link that isn’t required. You may also bring the ties into various groups to make it easy to handle them.
- Easy to use gui and configuration would save you a lot of time.
- You have the option of categorising the affiliate ties.
- There are many secure redirect solutions, including 301, 302, and even 307.
- The option to add an icon to affiliation links is available.
- Affiliate relation data and reports are built-in.
People prefer to add new registration or password features for users of most posts. This increases the amount of interaction between the blogger and the readers as well. Users that are logged in can see and use more aspects of the website, such as reacting to and commenting on blogs.
If you want to add authentication and password features to your site, the User Registration plugin is one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs. It’s also one of the most user-friendly, thanks to its drag-and-drop gui. You can also use its extensive extension library to improve the accessibility of your posts.
- Forms may be built in a variety of styles.
- To save time, auto-login after registration.
- The delegated tasks determine who has access to the WordPress dashboard.
- Registration requires admin consent.
- Each field has a show/hide label option.
Using a feedback section is one of the simplest ways to improve user engagement. You should easily use a plugin to include the comments feature, and wpDiscuz is one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs.
This plugin is extremely quick and sensitive, and it comes with a plethora of useful features. Depending on your blog post, you can also disable or allow comments. It also has comment list sorting, which allows readers to see the most recent, latest, or most common remarks.
- For in-depth conversations, use multilevel comment threads.
- Posts without names or email addresses are anonymous.
- Social network authentication schemes are entirely implemented.
- For the responses, different date formats are used.
- Style that is clean, clear, and sensitive.
Even if you have protection plugins and programmes built on your blog, it will still be open. It can also be hacked or fail as a result of malicious software. You’ll need a backup plugin in situations like this, and UpdraftPlus is one of the best WordPress backup plugins for blogs.
UpdraftPlus allows you to backup your files to cloud databases such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, iCloud, and others. Then you can click on restore to get it back with only one key. You may also use this plugin to restore your content to several cloud providers with planned automated backups.
- Your contents will be automatically backed up on a regular basis.
- For quicker loading, use less cloud resources.
- Allows you to back up your files to various cloud storage providers.
- With Migrator, you can easily clone or convert websites.
- Expert assistance is given at no expense.
The material of certain blogs is mainly made up of texts that can seem bland and repetitive. A WordPress gallery plugin will help you enhance your blog’s appearance and make it more appealing. As a result, NextGEN Gallery can be used as one of the gallery’s WordPress blog plugins.
It comes with all of the functionality and elements you’ll ever need for your blog gallery, and it’s simple to use. This plugin can also be used to add a variety of different kinds of galleries to the website. Slideshow galleries and thumbnail galleries are the two major types of gallery formats available.
- Compact and List Albums are two types of albums.
- Slideshow Gallery and Thumbnail Gallery
- Optional shortcodes for greater extensibility.
- Photos can be uploaded in bulk.
- Metadata for photographs may be imported.
You’ll still need to have photographs on your blog’s website while you’re making it. After a while, you’ll have published a number of posts, and if you don’t compact the images, a single blog would take up a lot of room. This could have an impact on the site’s speed.
Smush is a plugin that will help you compact photos on your blog. It’s an image optimization plugin that just happens to be one of the best WordPress blog plugins. This plugin will greatly assist you in optimising and maintaining the accuracy of your blog photos.
- Compress the photographs to save space without sacrificing accuracy.
- You can also resize the files using height and width parameters.
- Photo compression in bulk of up to 50 files at once.
- The site’s pace is being slowed by incorrect image size detection.
- Image stats from Smush can be seen directly in image blocks.
WP Super Cache:
A decent caching plugin will also drastically minimize the time it takes for your blogs to launch. WP Super Cache is one of the best WordPress cache plugins for this purpose. It creates static HTML files from your dynamic WordPress blogs and serves them instead of the heavier PHP scripts used by WordPress.
This plugin also offers three separate caching options: Expert, Easy, and WP-Cache caching. They’re both rated by pace, and if you’re not comfortable editing PHP files, you can opt for the easy way.
- For customer satisfaction, there are several caching approaches.
- Pages for identified users are not cached.
- Garbage Collection is a feature that allows you to clear out old cache files.
- CDN support and cache restore
- Checking the homepage an extra time.
One of the most successful ways to expand your blog is by email marketing. Mailchimp is the perfect WordPress plugin for blogs to assist you with this.
It’s one of the most common WordPress email marketing plugins, and it can bulk manage clients, submit emails, and monitor performance. This plugin makes it easy to connect new subscribers to your email list. It will also easily work with all of WordPress’s big plugins, ensuring that you have no issues when using it.
- It has a user-friendly gui that makes it simple to use.
- The plugin is ready for translation and can be viewed in any language.
- Access to code fragments for modifying the plugin.
- There are a number of plugins available to enhance the feature.
- Excellent customer experience that is well known.
Ajax Search Lite:
A blog must also have an interface to assist users in finding specific content. A search plugin like Ajax Search Lite will help a lot in this situation. It’s one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs for assisting readers with topic searches.
This addon is much superior to the regular search bar because it also has group and post style filters. It is also built in such a way that when your readers use the search bars, it guarantees seamless animation in your blog.
- Custom post types and field forms are supported.
- Alternatives to automated search.
- Friendly to widgets and shortcodes.
- It also includes photographs in the search results.
- The check settings boxes on the frontend.
There are several WordPress blog themes for your website. Even if you find the right theme for your blog, you will continue to customize it in the future. CSS Hero may be one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs in this regard.
With just a point and click GUI, you can make modifications to the theme, which would result in changes to your blog website. It allows you to do so without the use of any passwords, which will save you a lot of time.
- Font types and typography may be changed if needed.
- Color maintenance and adjustments are available in a variety of ways.
- It’s possible to easily customise login accounts.
- With application mode previews, you can make device-specific edits.
- Both big WordPress plugins are compatible with it.
If your blog has multiple writers, there will be times that multiple authors collaborate on a single article. If this happens, you’ll need a plugin to make them appear as co-authors on a single page. As a result, Co-Author Plus is one of the best WordPress blog plugins for managing author names in specific blog posts.
Multiple bylines may be assigned to posts, websites, and custom post forms with this plugin. With the assistance of this plugin, the co-authors delegated are also able to edit the articles with which they are affiliated.
- Links, websites, and custom post forms will all have multiple authors assigned to them.
- Quickly connect co-authors with an easy-to-use GUI.
- WordPress multisite can be used to unlock the plugin.
- Co-authors may be identified using prototype tags.
- When it’s required, you can disable guest writers.
We’ve compiled a list of some of the best WordPress plugins for blogs.
We hope you use the ones you require to achieve the best possible outcomes with your posts. However, we recommend that you do not use all of the plugins at a time, as all of them are entirely not necessary for your blogs. Using all of them at the same time can cause your blog website to become much slower.